Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Welcome to the family - and my summer project

So, summer is here yet again, and I've managed to barely escape getting a summer job.  However, to make myself feel less useless, I've adopted a summer research project - exploring my family history (with the substantial help of Ancestry.com).

Genealogy's always interested me, but I was still surprised by how quickly I became addicted to it.  So, now I have this lovely blog to vent about researching frustrations and gloat about new discoveries.

Since, by nature, a family tree begins at the end, my family history "begins" in San Diego, California.  The majority of the story, however, takes place in other parts of the US, especially Detroit, Michigan, Buffalo, New York, and New York City itself.  Eventually, if things go well, I'll hop over the pond and spend some time in Ireland, England, Poland, and Germany.

My family's 50% cliche and 50% black sheep, so when you take into account the old photographs, family rumors, and old stories, it should make for a pretty interesting summer.  Based on how obsessed I am with this project, I'm sure I'll be posting something once a day, or at least every other day - wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment