Saturday, July 2, 2011

Going Through the Motions

Couldn't really make myself work much today - feeling that pre-holiday-weekend blah, I guess.  So, instead of being truly productive, I just re-organized my notes, making sure to highlight all possible leads for me to jump on next week.

Not much to do until I talk to my grandma again, which won't happen until Tuesday at the earliest.  To be honest, I need to talk to a couple of relatives...  again, nothing until Tuesday.

I was a little bit productive, at least.  I emailed (or snail mailed, depending) a few churches where I know relatives were baptized, married, etc.  I even emailed what I think is the high school my great-grandmother Marion Gorman attended.

One of the churches (St. Vincent de Paul in Brooklyn, where my great-great grandparents Peter Reilly and Anna Doonan were married) even changed names, closed, and was then sold, so that took a bit of tracking down.  Eventually I just emailed the diocese, asking them where the heck I'm supposed to find the old records from St. Vincent's.  Hopefully they'll be able to help.

So, now I have a nice excuse to sit around and not work until Tuesday.  Could be worse.  I could have found something brilliant today that would have kept me so obsessively distracted that I wouldn't have enjoyed the 4th at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment