Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sort of a Blah Update...

Not too exciting, but an update on my email spree from last week.

St. Agnes High School Academy, where my great-grandmother attended (about 90% sure on that) responded to my request for information.  It sounded positive, they mentioned yearbooks and transcripts.  Only bad thing is that I'll have to wait 'till term starts up again in the fall, when they have more staff around.  Oh well, I can be patient (pff, yeah right, but I'll work on it).

Fordham University responded about my request for information about Edward Gorman's expulsion.  I guess the  Alumni office bounced it over to the Archive office, and she sent me a link to their digitalized yearbooks (go all the way up to 1941, pretty cool).  She said that, according to her records, FXR Sr. graduated in 1930, and Edward Gorman graduated in 1940.  The plot thickens.

So, I took a quick look at the 1940 yearbook.  Edwards' definitely listed in the Senior Directory, but I'm not sure if that just means that he was expelled during his senior year?  I'll have to take a closer look at the yearbook - unfortunately, my computer estimates that it will take about 9 hours to download the whole thing.  -____-

Well, there you have it.  A pretty optimistic start to my first attempts at gathering information outside my family /Ancestry.com comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment